Kalrez 7375 offers broad chemical and water/steam resistance
The newer compound from DuPont™, Kalrez 7375, is an innovative FFKM oil-seal product exhibiting broad chemical and water/steam resistance properties required at high temperatures in chemical process industry applications. Kalrez 7375 parts present excellent compression set resistance, exceptional physical property retention, and improved mechanical strength properties. Other Kalrez compounds have done the job over the years when faced with many of these sealing challenges, but how does it compare to this new compound?
Three ways that Kalrez 7375 would be a suitable upgrade or compatible compound for your application:
1. Kalrez® 1050LF is a classic grade and longtime favorite for premium performance. 1050LF end-users will likely see a performance boost if they switched to 7375, especially if used in steam or hot water applications.
2. If using Kalrez® 4079 or Kalrez® 7075 and broad chemical resistance is essential (including water/steam), 7375 could be a superior compatibility match resulting in enhanced longevity. 7075 offers the highest thermal capability but cannot support 7375’s chemical compatibility with steam. See table below:
3. If lifetime issues or seeking to extend time between repairs are concerns when using Kalrez® 6375, end-users would most likely see a significant impact with 7375. However, transitioning to 7375 is not necessary if 6375 is executing up to standards.
Kalrez 7375 Benefits
- Superior thermal stability of 572 °F (300 °C)
- Excellent broad chemical resistance
- Outstanding steam and water resistance
- Available in most O-ring sizes: AS568, Metric, JIS (custom shapes upon request)
- Combination of Kalrez® quality and Gallagher Fluid Seals’ customer service
DuPont™ Kalrez 7375 perfluoroelastomer parts are an innovative FFKM product based on a patented crosslinking system for chemical process industry applications where broad chemical and water/steam resistance are needed at elevated temperatures. Kalrez 7375 parts exhibit excellent compression set resistance, outstanding physical property retention, and good mechanical strength properties. A maximum application temperature of 300 °C is suggested.
The original article was featured on Dichtomatik’s website and can be found here.
Gallagher Fluid Seals is an authorized distributor of Kalrez products. For information about selecting the correct compound for your specific application, contact our engineering department.