Gasket Tape Series 1000
Glass-lined steel equipment is used by chemical processers to deal with aggressive media under demanding conditions. Yet the inherent demands of such systems – high temperatures, alternating system pressures, limited gasket loads and deviation of sealing surfaces – can make it challenging to maintain a tight, lasting seal.
While the Polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE) material itself offers good chemical resistance, it does not readily conform to flange surface deviations, nor does it resist creep particularly well under low gasket loads. Incorporating compressible materials or fillers into common envelope gaskets or filled PTFE gaskets, offers only a partial solution.
Sealing challenges are even greater when gaskets for large flanges (≥DN 600/ASME 24″) are fabricated offsite. This often results in long lead times, as well as shipping, handling and inventory challenges. These, along with time-consuming and complex installation procedures, can complicate turnarounds or delay start-ups.
Any of the mentioned approaches, especially if they involve
inconsistent quality across different gasket brands or product
lines, may lead to premature gasket failure, with consequences
that range from problematic to catastrophic, including:
- Equipment corrosion/damage
- Production downtime
- Cost increase
- Risks to personnel safety
Gore Gasket Tape Series 1000 Addresses All the Challenges of Reliably Sealing Large Glass-Lined-Steel Flanges.
Made of 100 % expanded PTFE (ePTFE), this highly conformable gasket tape is chemically inert, and highly resistant to creep, cold flow and clamp-force loss. Its proprietary barrier core maintains an extra tight seal even at low loads.
Endorsed by De Dietrich, a leading manufacturer of glass-lined steel equipment, Series 1000 is optimized for processes utilizing highly aggressive media, as in chemical processing (e.g. specialty chemicals, agricultural products, polymers), mining and minerals. Series 1000 is designed for use in large (≥DN 600/ASME 24″) or non-standard flanges typical of columns, mixer vessels, reactors, storage and receiver tanks.
A Higher-Performance Sealing Solution
- Barrier core engineered to amplify the available load.
- Seals more than 10 times tighter than other types of ePTFE gasket tape.
Outstanding conformability to deviations
- Seals deviations even at low gasket stress.
- Easily passes the bubble test, for trouble-free mechanical completion (MC) or start-up.
Optimal form for easy handling
- Gasket can be customized on-site.
- No fabrication lead-time required.
- Convenient spool format simplifies and speeds handling & transport.
- Adhesive backing enables easy installation.
- Faster, less complicated shimming tape technique for larger deviations.
- Reduces inventory costs.
Reliable and long-term seal
- Barrier core creates a tight seal that impedes even highlypermeating media.
- Provides chemical protection across the full flange width (100% ePTFE).
- Gasket tape is engineered to resist creep and clamp force loss.
- Allows full use of specification range of the glass-lined steel equipment.
- Enables longer maintenance cycles, as demanded by leading chemical producers.
The Gore Sealant Technologies Quality Management System is certified in accordance with ISO 9001.
Original content can be found on Gore’s website.
Gallagher Fluid Seals is an authorized distributor of Gore Tape. For more information about how this solution can help you, contact our engineering department at 1-800-822-4063.