PUR-GARD™ bearing isolators offer the ultimate rotating equipment sealing solutions for the food processing industry. Manufactured with materials that are FDA compliant, metal detectable and x-ray inspectable while utilizing a patented IP66 design, Garlock PUR-GARD™ is a revolutionary seal that combines improved safety and overall process purity with cost savings through extended equipment and bearing life.
Features & Benefits
- Patented labyrinth design provides bearing protection even in the most challenging environments, extending the life of rotating equipment
- Unitized construction will not come apart during installation
- IP66 in most common design configurations
- Non-contacting design reduces shaft drag and energy consumption
- Available in a broad range of configurations
- Substantially reduced installation time – NO ARBOR PRESS NEEDED
- No metal-to-metal contact
- Metal detectable and x-ray inspectable
Rotating equipment (pumps, motors, gearboxes) exposed to heavy wash down and/or zone 1 and 2 applications.
- Temperature: -22ºF (-30ºC) to 400ºF (204ºC)
- Shaft to bore misalignment: ±0.020” (0.51 mm)
- Axial motion to ±0.015” (0.38mm)
- Surface speed: to 12,000 FPM Max. (60.9 m/s)
- Pressure: Ambient
Patented Cam-Lock O-Ring Design Groove
The patented Cam-Lock design of PUR-GARD™ provides excellent bore retention while allowing easy installation by hand, without the need for an arbor press.
Materials of Construction
- 316 stainless steel stator and rotor
- Patented DETECTOMER® FKM o-rings
Garlock Patented Unitizing Ring
PUR-GARD™ bearing isolators employ the patented unitizing ring to eliminate metal-to-metal contact between the rotor and stator.
Bearing Isolator Configurations
- Flanged: IP66
- Small Cross Section: IP66
- Flangeless Narrow Width: IP55
- Flangeless: IP55
- Split Pillow Block: IP66
- Step Shaft: IP66
- Vertical: IP66
- Split Option: IP66
If you have any questions about the Garlock PUR-GARD™, and how to implement them into your processes, please feel free to reach out to our engineering department.