For over 40 years, DuPont™ has been relentless in pursuing improvement in the manufacture of perfluoroelastomer (FFKM) parts. Elastomeric parts typically consist of three components: a polymer chain (the backbone of the elastomer), a crosslinking system (which links the polymer chains together and is the key to elasticity and sealing performance), and a filler system (used to enhance mechanical properties). Based on extensive experience, DuPont™ adjusts these components to optimize seal performance.
Composite Seals for Standard and Complex Geometries
For demanding standard and complex composite seal applications, Kalrez perfluoroelastomer parts are the elastomer of choice designed and molded to your specific requirements. Kalrez composite seals offer unique one of a kind parts, in a wide variety of custom family shapes, standard geometry, and miscellaneous bonded parts, including small and large parts. Whether you have a niche application or high volume runs, your sealing requirements can be met. Kalrez composite seals are available in a variety of compounds depending on the thermal, chemical and plasma resistance required.
Kalrez® composite seal applications include; micro valves, micro-pumps, downhole oil and gas, semiconductor chip process equipment, ink jet, beverage dispensers, car wash pumps, printers, paint spray, refineries, CPI and more.
Types of Kalrez Shapes/Geometries
Aside from the typical shapes you would have for many applications, there are unique shapes that can be crafted from Kalrez materials:
- Special profiles and rectangular-shaped seals for slit valves
- Rubber to metal bonding parts
- Bonded door seals and bonded poppets
- Profiled quartz tube seals
- Lip seals
- Tubing and other
- Specialized configurations
Benefits of using Kalrez® O-rings:
- Reduce Maintenance Costs: DuPont™ Kalrez® parts help stretch your mean time between repair (MTBR) and lower your maintenance costs
- Increase Productivity: By reducing the frequency of seal changes, repairs, and inspections
- Increase Safety: Lasting longer and performing better than other elastomers, Kalrez® helps reduce the risk of chemical exposure from seal failure
- Reduce Fugitive Emissions: Kalrez® can help you reduce leaks and fugitive emissions for improved compliance with environmental regulations
- Maintain Process Purity: Resist degradation in harsh chemicals, maintain seal force at high temperatures, contain few ingredients that extract into the process, provide lower outgassing in vacuum sealing, and meet stringent FDA regulations for purity and cleanliness
- ISO 9001 Quality Assured with Full Traceability: Made only by DuPont™, Kalrez® parts are manufactured in ISO 9001 quality certified facilities and packaged in bar-coded bags
Gallagher Fluid Seals is an authorized Dupont™ Kalrez® distributor. For more information, or for a quote, please contact us today.
Parts of this article were gleaned from Dupont’s webpage on custom shapes for Kalrez.