The dirt, abrasion and loads associated with earthmoving equipment create notoriously harsh operating conditions for moving parts. Despite these conditions – more often than not combining dirt and water – Vesconite performs well, and is the ideal material for bushings operating under slow speeds or oscillating movements under high load. With its lubrication-free qualities, Vesconite can save machine operators considerable lubrication downtime, not to mention reduced wear on costly counter moving parts.
UK Dump Truck Manufacturer Continues to Fit Vesconite Bushings
Grader Fitted with Vesconite Rear Frame Hanger Bushing
Benefits for Earthmoving Equipment
- Vesconite does not swell or distort in water.
- Vesconite has a high abrasion resistance.
- Vesconite does not delaminate.
- Vesconite does not corrode.
- Vesconite does not require lubrication.
- Vesconite saves on costly maintenance downtime.
- Vesconite is resistant to oils and fuels.
- Vesconite bushes are easy to fit and remove.
- Vesconite is shaft-friendly.
Common Earthmoving Applications
- Cylinder arm bushes.
- Ripper pivot linkages.
- Grader tandem bushes.
- Centre cone bearings.
- Trailer axle bushes.
- Articulating and linear bushes.
Bronze and nylon articulation bushes have high wear rates, due to the abrasive working environment. This results in rapid wear of the surrounding components.
Linear bushings operate against shafts that are often exposed to harsh environmental conditions. With traditional bushings, these areas trap grease, causing dirt to penetrate the shaft bushings.
Vesconite offers a huge time-saving compared to bronze and steel bearings on earthmoving machinery, where maintenance involves lubricating hundreds of grease points, with resultant downtime.