USA – An aeration windmill manufacturer installed Vesconite Hilube bushings on its windmills, leading to smoother and more efficient operation. The bushings are an essential component in aeration windmills, which aerate ponds in private and public spaces, since fan rotation is key to ensuring that the diaphragm moves up; compressed air is taken in; and the compressor builds up pressure, which is released into the air line leading to the water. Because of this, the windmills are more efficient at reducing algae and foul smells, controlling mosquitos and creating a healthier environment for fish.
Vesconite for Renewable Energy
Vesconite Hilube bushings reduce energy costs in renewable energy applications. Turbines associated with these applications need to move rapidly and easily to produce efficient power, meaning wind, wave, tidal and current-driven turbines require a low coefficient of friction. Reduced energy losses as a result of the lower friction present in Vesconite Hilube bushings, allow turbines to rotate easily, producing electricity faster and at a reduced cost.
Benefits for Renewable Energy (Vesconite Hilube)
- Low co-efficient of friction.
- Does not require lubrication.
- Does not swell or distort in water or when exposed to moisture.
- Easy to install.
- Eeduces running costs.
- Does not corrode.
Common Renewable Energy Applications
- Wind turbine bushings.
- Tidal turbine bushings.
- Wave turbine bushings.
- Current-driven turbine bushings.
- Ancillary underwater bushings.
- When comparing Vesconite Hilube to other polymers, a tidal energy producer reported that the Vesconite Hilube bushing had no problem sustaining loads, shock loads or vibration.
- A tidal energy producer reported that a Vesconite Hilube bushing was able to absorb structural vibration resulting from turbulence.
- The ease of fitting Vesconite bushings when compared to traditional materials assures a cost saving in terms of machine downtime.