Transportation / Automotive bushings require regular maintenance and greasing, and are prone to wear especially in wet or dirty conditions. Self-lubricating Vesconite and Vesconite Hilube eliminate the need for continual greasing and at the same time increases bushing life. Vesconite and Vesconite Hilube are tough and durable and perform well under the mechanical stress that occurs on vehicle suspension systems.
Rail container trailers fitted with Vesconite
South Africa – Vesconite flanged pivot bushings have been successfully installed and used on container trailers at the national rail utility. The Vesconite bushes, with a flange of 205 mm diameter and a bore of 165 mm, were fitted to the walking beam center pivot bearing that equalizes component parts of the rear axle bogies. This heavy duty application required a material which had high load carrying capacity, low friction, high wear resistance and good dimensional stability. Vesconite, with all these characteristics, was used on the trailers that are used to transport 12-m-long general purpose containers.
Vesconite selected as ideal material for trailer axle bushings
Asia-Pacific / Australia-New Zealand – Vesconite and Vesconite Hilube bushings continue to be ordered by a large manufacturer and supplier of trailer axles in Australasia. The company converted to Vesconite and Vesconite Hilube bushings over a decade ago, having used nylon previously, and continues to order hundreds of bushings, advertising that it has partnered with global experts in truck and trailer technology to ensure savings in maintenance and downtime. The Vesconite and Vesconite Hilube bushings are wear resistant, operate quietly and do not delaminate or distort under high loads. The self-lubricating bushings outlive bronze or nylon and, for axle manufacturers, the bushings also offer the opportunity of extending the warrantee offered with axles.
BENEFITS FOR THE TRANSPORTATION / AUTOMOTIVE INDUSTRY
- Vesconite or Vesconite Hilube do not require greasing.
- Vesconite and Vesconite Hilube have the advantage of operating quietly, with less wear.
- Vescoflex, our bendable polymer, is flexible and allows for movement, while Vesconite and Vesconite Hilube are suitable as hard bushings.
- Available as rods and hollow bar for do-it-yourself machining.
- Stock of Vescoflex ready-to-fit shackle bushes available for various Toyota, Isuzu, Nissan, Ford, Mitsubishi and Mazda 4x4s and 4x2s.
COMMON TRANSPORTATION / AUTOMOTIVE APPLICATIONS
- Vesconite Hilube tail lift pivots.
- Vesconite and Vesconite Hilube S-Cam bushings for trailer axles.
- Vescoflex shackle bushes for 4x4s and 4x2s.
- Suspension bushes.
- Gear lever bushes.
- Older, classic or vintage car bush replacement.
- Bonnet hinge bushes.
- Rubber bushes are damaged by oil and grease. This is not the case with Vescoflex, Vesconite and Vesconite Hilube.
- Vescoflex, Vesconite and Vesconite Hilube outlast rubber and polyurethane because of their higher load capacity.
- Bronze bushings require greasing, Vescoflex, Vesconite and Vesconite Hilube do not.
Gallagher is a distributor of Vesconite products for all industries. If you have questions about using Vesconite in any application, contact our engineering department.