- Vesconite does not swell or distort in water.
- Vesconite does not delaminate.
- Vesconite does not corrode.
- Vesconite requires no lubrication.
- Vesconite is resistant to oils and fuels.
- Vesconite bushings are easy to fit and remove.
- Vesconite prolongs shaft life.
- Lineshaft bushings in vertical turbine pumps.
- Support bushings and wear rings in pumps.
- Stuffing box bushings in vertical turbine pumps.
- Impeller support bushings in sump pumps.
- In the case of pump impeller and case wear rings, tight clearances are required. Swelling and distortion can be an issue with traditional bushing materials. This is not the case with Vesconite due to its virtually zero water absorption rate and dimensional stability.
- Unlike bronze or rubber bushings, fresh and saltwater serves as an effective lubricant for Vesconite. This makes it an ideal material for pump bowl bushings and stuffing box bushings.
Mouse over the above images to learn more about these products. Consult a Gallagher Engineer with specific application questions.