Viton® fluoroelastomer (FKM) was introduced in 1957, originally to meet the high-performance needs of the aerospace industry. The use of Viton® has expanded to almost every other industry, especially the automotive, fluid power, appliance, and chemical fields. This is due to its outstanding performance in high temperature and extremely corrosive environments.
Features & Benefits
- Resistance to a greater variety of fluids and chemicals than any other non-fluorinated elastomer
- Excellent resistance to oils, fuels, lubricants, and most mineral acids
- Low permeability to a broad range of substances
- Resistance to aliphatic, aromatic hydrocarbons that dissolve other elastomers
- Exceptionally good resistance to compression set
- Exceptionally good resistance to oxidation, sun, and weather
Standard Color: Black
Min. Temperature: -24°F (-31°C)
Max. Temperature: +450°F (232°C)
Hardness (Shore A): 55 to 90
Disclaimer: These are general material guidelines. All application data should be submitted in order to specify the correct material for your application. All materials should be tested in your application.