API 682 Standard Mechanical Seals
Mechanical Seals & API
More than 21,000 EagleBurgmann API seals and systems installed world-wide.
EagleBurgmann is one of the leading international system providers of sealing technology. For more than 20 years, they have been actively contributing their expertise to developing and implementing the API 682 standard for the selection and application of seals and supply systems in centrifugal and rotary pumps.
API 682 4th Edition
The new 4th edition of API 682 is in line with the latest achievements and current developments. EagleBurgmann offers the widest portfolio of seals and seal supply systems according to API 682 4th edition, and consequently has the optimum product for each API-compliant requirement: technically mature, practical solutions that provide significantly greater safety and process reliability in refining technology, petrochemical, oil & gas and chemical industries.
The Principle Innovations of API 682 4th Edition at a Glance
- Adaptation of pressure limits: 20 bar(g) Category 1, 40 bar(g) Category 2/3
- Detailed notes to „Engineered Seals“
- Combination of „Seal Types“ in Arrangement 2/3
- Definition of vapor pressure margin
- Overview table of internal gap dimensions
- Selection SiC face material independent of category
- Optional bellows material Alloy 718 for metal bellows seals Type B
- Additional requirement for set screws for torque transmission
- New details to selection and operation of pressurized double seal systems
- Reduced minimum gap at the internal pumping device
Seal Supply Systems
- Transmitters instead of switches
- Alternative arrangement selection method on the basis of Risk & Hazard codes
- New API Plans 03, 55, 65A, 65B, 66A, 66B, 99
- Hydrostatic level detection for Plans 52, 53A
- Temperature measurement of gas bubble for Plan 53B
- 28-day refi lling interval for barrier pressure systems
- Minimum pipe wall thicknesses of 2.5 mm for welded joints
- Temperature limits for instrumentation
EagleBurgmann and API 682
Eagle Burgmann's customers include leading pump manufacturers, engineering companies, and plant operators. They know and understand all industry or plant-specific requirements through a continuous exchange and close cooperation: the basis for smooth cooperation along the entire process chain.
EagleBurgmann's API 682 Experience
With thousands of projects all over the world, EagleBurgmann's mechanical seals and services have helped increase safety and efficiency.
In the Americas, more than 1,000 API 682 seals area installed across USA, Canada, and Central/South America.