Mechanical Seals for Pumps
EagleBurgmann is one of the leading providers of industrial sealing technology on the international stage. Their products and comprehensive services are used wherever the key requirements are reliability and safety.
Excellent quality, close proximity to customers, great capacity for innovation, and an extensive product portfolio for nearly all industrial processes and fields of application are what makes them stand out.
EagleBurgmann mechanical seals are designed for user-friendly installation, optimal functionality and long service life. Their R&D activities, advanced quality management system, in-house test facilities, and in-depth engineering expertise ensure that our seals meet the most demanding customer expectations.
For more than twenty years, EagleBurgmann Cartex Cartridge Seals have demonstrated a proven track record in sealing applications on all standard pump types in a wide range of industries including chemical, water supply, paper production, food processing and more. Cartex does not utilize a modular design platform like many others.
The Cartex advantage:
- A simple, robust engineered design
- Larger springs
- Larger cross section seal faces for low distortion and low drive stresses
- Larger/stronger pins
- Fewer o-rings and components
- High performance pumping feature
Splitex seals can save you time and money
Fully split, pre-assembled Splitex® mechanical seals are an ideal solution to replace gland packing, when there is insufficient space for installation or replacement of a non-split seal, if pump disassembly is very difficult and time consuming, loss of production during downtime would be very expensive, or the machine operates without standby - use the EagleBurgmann Splitex®, and expensive downtime is history.
The Splitex® is made up of 2 x 2 pre-assembled halves which are simply placed around the shaft and screwed into place without the need to disassemble the pump. The seal has the same features as a non-split cartridge seal: balanced, stationary design, precision seal pre-adjustment and no contact between the springs and the product.
- Reduced repair and downtime
- Long service life
- Greater flexibility during installation
- Dependable operation
- Simple monitoring of the seal
- Low leakage
- High tolerance to shaft deflections
- Shaft protection
- Single cartridge seal
- Elastomer bellows
- Independent of direction of rotation
- Rotating spring
- Bellows and spring free from torsion
- Metric and inch sizes available
- Straightforward and easy installation
- Fits into any installation space due to smaller outer diameter
- Important material certifications available
- Universal application opportunities (standardization
- No modifications of the pump's installation chamber necessary
- Economical cartridge solution