Pneumatic Sealing Device (PSD)
The Orion Engineered Seals Pneumatic Sealing Device (PSD) is designed to seal the shafts of machines where typical contact seals, such as packing or mechanical face seals, prove to be too costly to operate and maintain.
The Orion Engineered Seals PSD relies on engineered clearances to develop a uniform sealing pressure/velocity profile. This eliminates low pressure areas, mitigating the chance of product ingress into the seal.
The Orion Engineered Seals PSD can be used in industries such as Pulp & Paper, Chemical Processing, Power Generation, Food & Beverage, Mining, and many others.
The Orion Engineered Seals Pneumatic Sealing Device (PSD) is an engineered pneumatic sealing system designed to seal the shafts of machines where typical contact seals such as packing and/or mechanical face seals prove to be too costly to operate and maintain.
- Efficient design minimizes air usage while maintaining internal sealing pressure profile
- Resilient to angular and parallel shaft movement
- Pressures /temperatures to 120psi/575oF
- Split seals available in most designs
- Wide range of materials available covering most application requirements
- Requires little or no maintenance after installation
- Conveyor Systems
- Product/Material Handling Equipment
Visit Orion Seals website to see How It Works. Consult a Gallagher Engineer with questions about specific applications of the Pneumatic Sealing Device.