Pefluoroelastomers (FFKM), aka Kalrez®, are materials that combine the mechanical properties of the toughest elastomers with the chemical inertness of Teflon™. It resists nearly all chemical attack and provides long-term service in corrosive environments. Perfluoroelastomers are normally used in the chemical and petroleum industries, as well as for the manufacturing of semiconductors, as well as analytical and process instruments.
Features & Benefits
- Resists degradation in virtually ALL chemicals
- Maintain sealing force even at higher temperatures, reducing leakage
- Less likely to cold flow than Teflon™
- Lower outgassing in vacuum sealing
- Meets stringent FDA regulations for purity and cleaniliness
Standard Color: Depends on compound
Min. Temperature: -43°F (-42°C)
Max. Temperature: +620°F (327°C)
Hardness (Shore A): Depends on compound
Disclaimer: These are general material guidelines. All application data should be submitted in order to specify the correct material for your application. All materials should be tested in your application.