FLOOD-GARD Offers Bearing Protection in Challenging Flooded Environments
Garlock has launched FLOOD-GARD Bearing Isolators for flooded applications. The patent-pending seal design provides bearing protection even in the most challenging flooded environments, extending the life of rotating equipment such as gearboxes, pumps, and motors.
“FLOOD-GARD™ allows Garlock to unlock value for our customers by taking industry leading bearing isolator technology, and advancing it even further, into a seal that excels in flooded conditions,” says Kevin Allison, Product Manager, KLOZURE®.
The latest addition to Garlock’s family of KLOZURE® Bearing Isolators, FLOOD-GARD™ is a revolutionary seal that combines improved safety and overall process efficiency with cost savings through extended equipment and bearing life. FLOOD-GARD’s Cam-Lock design provides excellent bore retention while allowing easy installation by hand, without the need for an arbor press. Other benefits include the ability to accommodate up to .015” of radial shaft misalignment and patented PTFE unitized construction that eliminates metal-to-metal contact, all while achieving an IP66 rating in most configurations — flanged, small cross section, step shaft and vertical.
- Patented seal design provides bearing protection even in the most challenging flooded environments, extending the life of rotating equipment
- Rugged, unitized construction for ease of installation
- IP66 in most common design configurations
- Available in standard and small cross section configurations
- Substantially reduced installation time – NO ARBOR PRESS NEEDED
- No metal-to-metal contact between stator and rotor
- Handles up to .015″ of misalignment
FLOOD-GARD™ allows Garlock to unlock value for our customers by taking industry leading bearing isolator technology, and advancing it even further, into a seal that excels in flooded conditions.
FLOOD-GARD Design Parameters
- Temperature: -22ºF (-30ºC) to 400ºF (204ºC)
- Shaft to bore misalignment: ±0.015” (0.38 mm)
- Axial motion to ±0.010” (0.25 mm)
- Surface speed: to 3,000 FPM Max. (15.24 m/s)
- Pressure: 7 psi intenal pressure
FLOOD-GARD Beta Sites
- Gearboxes are common, but industries vary
- Over 100,000 hours of runtime
- Great success in all these industries
For more information about Garlock products, or to learn more about the FLOOD-GARD, contact Gallagher Fluid Seals today.
Gallagher Fluid Seals is a preferred distributor of Garlock products and can help provide custom engineering solutions.